Using the Library at Home
You can renew your books from home? You can place a hold on a book from home? You can see what books are available in any of the 18 SCLends participating library systems? Just go to SCLends, and you’ll be in charge!
② At home, you’ll need to go to the SCLends website above. Be sure to use the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser for best results.
③ Click "My Account" in the top right corner of the SCLends website and log-in with your library card number and your four-digit PIN.
④ In the account menu, you can see books checked out, books on hold, books ready to be picked up, and fine amount near the top right corner.
⑤ When you are ready to search the consortium for a book, use the bar labeled "search"; each drop-down menu will allow you to tailor your results more specifically.
- The drop-down menu on the far right called "library" will let you select the entire consortium ("SC LENDS"), a particular library system ("Chesterfield County Library System"), or even a particular branch ("Chesterfield - Matheson Memorial").
- After you are finished, click "search"! A list of books will be generated either with the title of the book or the closest relevant result.
- When you see the book you want, click the title in blue to get more information; otherwise, glancing below the title will show you: author, format (book, DVD, etc) with publication date, shelf call number, and then the branches where the book is available. Example:
- 8 of 8 copies available at SC LENDS. [eight located at one or some of the neighboring libraries]
- 4 of 4 copies available at Chesterfield County Library System. [four located at Chesterfield's branches]
- 2 of 2 copies available at Chesterfield - Matheson Memorial. [two located at the Matheson branch]
- If a branch owns a copy of a book, but does not have that copy available (checked out, lost), the example will instead read: 0 of 1 copies available at Chesterfield - Matheson Memorial.
- If you would like to place a hold on a book, click "place hold" by the green check to the right of the title.
- Verify that pick-up location and contact methods are correct and accurate, then click "submit."
- Someone at the pick-up location will contact you when your book arrives through the courier system. This can take up to a week depending on weather and USPS holidays.
- The Chesterfield main branch receives courier books Monday-Friday.
- The Matheson Memorial branch receives courier books Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Pageland, Jefferson, and McBee receive their books through the Chesterfield main branch.
⑥ If you would like to update or change personal information, you can do so by clicking the "my account" button near the top right corner. The five gray tabs will allow you to edit information based on their design.
⑦ The "items checked out" tab will allow you to renew books checked out to you by ticking the check box and then clicking "go" beside "renew selected titles." The best feature under this tab is the additional "check out history" tab. It will allow you to track books you have checked out on this card. The list can be downloaded and printed in CSV format (spreadsheet).
⑧ The "account preferences" tab will allow you to update or add contact information; change notification preferences, search and history preferences, and My List preferences.